10 October 2022
- About Us
- Our Values and Ethos
Our Values and Ethos
Inspiring success in a world of possibilities
In our school we aim to:
- Encourage all pupils to develop their self-motivation, esteem and self-discipline and their independence.
- Create a learning environment where children are happy to take risks and are able to accept the challenge of Life Long Learning, and are enabled to achieve their best.
- Encourage a responsible and caring attitude to other people and the environment.
- Offer an environment in which pupils are able to express their ideas and emotions confidently and can respond successfully and adapt to change.
- Ensure that all pupils are treated equally and helped to develop tolerance and respect for others irrespective of their ability, ethnicity, gender, creed or need.
- Foster and develop a close and co-operative relationship between school and parents, and school and the community.
We bring this to life by creating a stimulating, learning environment where the children are happy to take risks, and engage in their own learning. We are fortunate to have extensive grounds with a pond and a forest schools area. We are excited that we have been able to bring Forest Schools into the week enabling the children to move their learning beyond the physical classroom.
Our nurturing approach means that every child is successful. We focus on ensuring that their emotional wellbeing is positive as this enables them to build long lasting relationships with others and the world around them as well as being able to take risks in their learning.
The opportunities and learning experiences that our children have during their time at Westwood, ensure that they leave school feeling confident and prepared for their next phase of education.
Our children's results show we are consistently above national averages. We achieve this in part by seeing Westwood as OUR school. We are a thriving local school, at the heart of a small village, and we use this to our advantage. You only need to come and visit to see this for yourself.